Graphic cards can be categorized as a part of computer hardware that is also a type of display adapter that produces the images that can be seen on screen. It works on the simple principle of converting the data of CPU into pictures.
Before considering buying a graphics card certain factors should be taken into account.
- If our main aim is to play high definition games, then buying a powerful graphic card is essentiality. Certain games demand powerful graphics cards in order to function well.
- For example, modern AAA games like The Witcher 3 and Battlefield 5 will require a more powerful card if you want to get the most out of 144hz.
- Only if the intention is to pay the usual games, then a budget-friendly graphics card fits the bill
- But, playing demanding games with high FPS, with the pocket being a little tight then a GTX 1060 but is a great option if you are ready to tweak the settings a little which very few people like.
- A 144hz monitor and want to be able to achieve more than 60 FPS, then, if you can hit at least 90 FPS, a 144hz monitor actually is worth your money.
Types of Graphic Cards
Graphic cards form the base of the game dominion of the computers and therefore, choosing the right card is all about making the right decision. Although there are many in the market, listed below are some which are at the top of their game which will help you make the right decision.
- On-Board: This is the most common type of graphic card and is usually already present in your PC. This graphic card is not recommended to play powerful games or graphics-based games.
- PCI Express: This is one of the most sought-after graphics cards with a new version released some time back called the PCI express 3.0. This is a good option to go for if your eyes are on the high velocity and high- quality games genre.
- External Graphics Cards: These are the add on cards that are added as an extension to a laptop or PC who cannot accommodate external graphic cards.
The Best GPU for 1080p 144hz Monitors:
It is a matter of utmost importance to be able to choose the right graphics card for your computer. The focus should be on a graphics card that uses all the hertz but at the same time also is feasible to buy and cost-effective
In this competitive pricing market where technology and tech-related goods are trying to pace up in being the best.
Some of the list of best graphics cards are:
- MSI GAMING GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDRR6 192-bit HDMI/DP Ray Tracing
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
Core Clocks: 1710 MHz / 14 Gbps
Memory Interface: 192-bit
Video Memory: 6GB GDDR6.Power consumption:190 W
- XFX Radeon Rx Vega 56 8GB 3xDP HDMI Graphic Cards
Chipset – AMD Vega 56
8GB HBM2 Memory
AMD Liquid VR ready
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 56:
If you have a FreeSync monitor which is not supported by Nvidia to make use of the syncing feature, the AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 is comparable to the RTX 2060 but only with the usage of FreeSync.
The Best video card for 1080p 144hz Monitors:
Nvidia RTX 2060 is the best all-inclusive card that you can put your sights on for it’s a powerhouse that is capable of running the most demanding games on a 1080p 144hz monitor. Its highlight is it powerful enough to present and run most games well above 60 FPS to give a delightful experience and at the same time, it’s not an extravagant choice.
Graphics card for 144 HZ monitor
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Super clocked ACX 2.0 Video Cards a great card with its flexibility to support 144 Hz monitor
- Nvidia GT 640 consists of the best compatibility, cooler and slightly higher overclock ability
- Any current graphics Nvidia or AMD graphics card should support 144 Hz through a display portable.
The Best GPU for 1080p 144hz Monitors for 2020:
A 1080p monitor is by far the best monitor for people looking for high-level skill full as it makes the gaming experience more exciting.
Some of the most sought- after GPU for 2020 are:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6G
- It is a low-end Nvidia cards.
- It’s aimed for those who need solid 7 top rating 61 fps-plus performance level new generation with AAA
- The size of the card measures 8.8 inches front to back and is a perfect fit for the medium-sized desktop chassis along with Micro ATX fitting.
- The trailing edge of the graphics card has 3 DisplayPort, 1.4 slots, as well as one HDMI 2.0b. No DVI or Virtual Link along with a reduced number of connectors on the I/O backplane.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 – Best for E-Sports (Nvidia)
- It’s the best option to run the e-sports game s to the best.
- The size of the card measures 6.9 by 44 inches.
- This size allows the graphic card to be squeezed inside the small computer chassis and consumes less power as compared to the older versions of the graphic cards.
- The card also comes with a ready-built Thermal-Power –design rating of 120 watts.
- It also consists of a 90 mm fan to cool it along with a six-pin power connector to provide it with juice.
AMD Radeon RX 580 –
- This card is in clear competition with Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 monitors due to its features.
- This card is designed on the Polaris chips with dubbed Polaris 20. The card is offered with the 8 GB of GDDR5 memory.
- The dimensions being as the length is 10 inches and the width is 4.5 inches and has dual coolers with fans.
- It has the facility of an eight-pin connector that provides the power.
- The card consists of the latest five Display Ports providing that extra quality 1.4 HDR-ready.
GeForce GTX 1650 OC
- Budget-friendly with almost all advanced features.
- The size of the card is about six inches long and takes up to two slots in the chassis of the computer.
- The card is designed with a heat sink made of aluminium and accommodates a grooved fan which is made of plastic.
Power colour Red Devil Radeon RX 570
- Blasted with the best features.
- Consists of a small switch on the PCB almost close to the ports part to allow the user to choose between the “Ultra overclock” and the “Silent overclock”.
- The manufacturer of the card claims that this GTX 1060 144hz overwatch Is the best selection for the 1080p monitors and it is preferred for high-level settings.
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 TI 4G OC
- This video card is one of the best extensions of the Nvidia and it is based on NVidia’s new “Pascal architecture”.
- This can hold two cards, of which the color scheme is the red-n-black and are having “the game label,
- Consists of 4GB of GDDR5 memory and measures only seven inches long.
- Consists of only one fan to keep it cool and working but take a place of two PCI express slots due to its extended width of the air cooler.